TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Parent / Guardian waiver / release
I understand that Gymfinity staff members are not doctors or medical practitioners of any kind. With the above in mind, I hereby release staff to render temporary first aid to my child in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by the staff to seek medical help and/or call an ambulance. You agree that you are aware that your child will be engaging in physical exercise involving gymnastics, trampolining & dance which could cause injury to them. The risk of harm may be limited by the safety equipment and trained coaches, but never eliminated.
You agree that your child is voluntarily participating in these activities and is assuming all risks of injury that might result. You hereby agree to waive and discharge any claims, causes of action or rights that you or your child might incur as a result of these activities including classes, open gym, birthday parties,, camps, school classes and Gymfinity will not have any liability other than in relation to death or personal injury, where Gymfinity or its staff is proved to be negligent. You will indemnify and hold harmless Gymfinity against any claims resulting from such participation. Gymnastics Staff will make no evaluation or recommendation whether your child is physically fit for any physical activity. If your child has any physical condition that may impair his/her ability to engage in the activities, it is your responsibility to obtain a doctor’s statement describing any limitations to participate in this program. Please inform coaches directly of any medical issues/ injuries that may affect participation and any medical condition must be fully disclosed. You must inform Gymfinity if there are any changes to your child’s medical history.
Gymfinity Gymnastics is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Gymfinity Gymnastics may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
This notice applies to you if you are:
• An existing or prospective member of our club;
• A person with parental responsibility for a member;
• An existing or prospective club volunteer, employee or official; and
• Anybody who signs up to purchase any products that we may offer via our website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name • contact information including email address • demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests • other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping. • We may use the information to improve our products and services. • We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Gymfinity affiliates to the North West Gymnastics Association and other governing bodies who run competitions and events in which we may participate.
The categories of personal information we process include:
• Contact details* (gymnast or parent and emergency contacts)
• Gymnast date of birth*
• Gymnast gender
• Any relevant medical conditions and/or disabilities and additional related information
• Other relevant individual needs for example, information about learning, religious or other support needs.
• Any individual risk assessments (gymnasts and others if applicable)
• Details of any reasonable adjustments or steps taken to support your individual needs
• Governing body membership details
• Gymnast attendance and achievement records
• Employee/Volunteer Attendance and performance records
• Any communications from, to or relating to you
• Details relating to standards of conduct
• Any accident or incident reports including details of injuries
• IP address, browser identifier and the time of access (if you use our website)
• Bank details (If you are making regular payments to us or we are making payments to you e.g. for volunteer expenses)
• Experience, qualifications, training and confirmation that you have completed a criminal record check (prospective or existing volunteers).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When you ask us to provide you a service, such as club membership or registration, gymnastics classes, competitions, trips or other activities we usually need to use information about you to provide this service, for example:
• To notify you about changes to terms and conditions;
• To tell you when it is time to renew membership or re-register for activities
• To process payments or send you receipts required.
Our Legitimate interests for holding data
Holding and sharing information for legitimate interests includes the following purposes:
• Responding to communications, concerns or complaints and seeking feedback from you about our services.
We will use the information you provide to respond to any comments or questions you raise and where appropriate to undertake investigations into any complaints or concerns. On occasion, we may contact you to seek your views on the services we provide
• Holding emergency contact information
When you join the club, we collect contact details. We also ask you to provide an emergency contact which we will only use in exceptional circumstances if we are unable to contact your primary contact e.g. a parent
• Maintaining attendance registers, achievement records and waiting lists. If there are no places the club, we can place you on our waiting list and will contact you using the details you provide to inform you when a place is available
• For health and safety purposes and club records, we need to maintain a register of those in attendance at training or other club activities
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes • if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Gymfinity Gymnastics, Unit 10 Blue Chip Business Park, Altrincham, WA14 5DD.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly change any information that is deemed incorrect.
Gymfinity takes no responsibility for third party photography (ie. other parents taking photos)
Altrincham club operates 48 weeks per year. Th club is closed for 1 week at Easter, 2 weeks at christmas and 1 week in Summer. Monthly fees are worked out on a pro rata basis. The annual membership a Altrincham is £15. Pre school operates term time only Parents are responsible for insuring their own children with British Gymnastics. Gymfinity will not be held responsible if a parent fails to register their child with British Gymnastics. If the classes are cancelled for any reason we will offer a make up class on a different date. If a direct debit is cancelled then the child may lose their place in the class and joining fee will be recharged if they wish to join again.
Knutsford club operates 43 weeks per year. Pre School classes operate school term time only. Monthly fees are worked out on a pro rata basis. The annual membership fee at Knutsford is £15. Parents are responsible for insuring their own children with British Gymnastics. Gymfinity will not be held responsible if a parent fails to register their child with British Gymnastics. If the classes are cancelled for any reason we will offer a make up class on a different date. If a direct debit is cancelled then the child may lose their place in the class and joining fee will be recharged if they wish to join again.
MAKE UP CLASSES
Members who miss a class due to sickness, holiday or an emergency are able to instead join a similar class, subject to space availability. Make up classes are limited to 3 per year.
We do not credit or refund for any missed classes unless the gym is closed unexpectedly or a class is cancelled.
HOLIDAY CAMP CREDITS
Holiday camp credit vouchers can only be used on first come and first serve basis. Children must be 6 years + to attend a full day.
LATE PICK UP
If the parent or guardian arrives 15 minutes later than the end of class £1 per minute fine will be issued with no exceptions.
Gymfinity Gymnastics secure database MAY electronically store your credit card number in accordance with legislative procedures.
.ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT OPTIONS
If you prefer the credit/debit card stored on file to not be debited, you are able to pay fees using an alternative method of payment, however this must be actioned at least 24 hours prior to the 1st of the month otherwise your account will be charged.
Online payment via Direct Debit / Go cardless is mandatory for all members attending classes.
Cheques are accepted and made payable to Gymfinity Gymnastics. If your cheque is returned due to insufficient funds, our bank will electronically debit your checking account for the amount of the cheque plus a £30 processing fee.
Non-payment of monthly fees after a period of 14 days from the date due will incur a £10 fee, after which a 14 day period on non-payment will result in the place being deferred and or cancelled for the club member.
Any payments for camps and birthday parties received for deposit/full payment are Non-refundable.
Membership fees may be subject to change.
We may provide an exclusive pre-sale offer, this may increase at any time and limited spaces will be available.
We may increase our advertised rate at any time, please see the website for the most up to date pricing details.
You represent and warrant that if I am purchasing something or paying for a service from Gymfinity Gymnastics or from other merchants through this facility that (i) any credit card or bank account draft information you supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by me will be honoured by my credit card company or financial institution, and (iii) I will pay the charges incurred by me at the displayed prices, including any applicable taxes, fees, and penalties.
Should you dispute a charge through my financial institution this will constitute a breach of contract possibly resulting in, but not limited to, penalties, additional fees, collection, legal action, and/or termination of any and/or all current and future services. I’ve read the above and agree.
Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- provide you with membership services;
- process your membership payment; and
- inform you about similar products or services that we, or selected third parties provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- We will not sell your personal details, however, to service your membership we will share your data with third parties to enable your membership to be active
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ON THE PREMISES
Fire exits are clearly marked throughout the club. If there is a fire or if you hear the fire alarm, you should make your way out of the club through the nearest possible exit to the advertised assembly point in the car park.
If you suffer an accident or injury on our premises, you must report it and the circumstances under which it happened to the manager on duty straight away.
While you are at the club, we ask you to behave respectfully and politely. We may ask you to leave if you do not abide by theses rules. We have zero tolerance policy for any kind of aggressive, rude or inappropriate behaviour against our staff.
Please note it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their child safely enters and leaves the gym floor before and after their session
Knutsford centre has a large parking area available but no viewing area. Parents are able to watch the first week to ensure their child settles in the class.
Altrincham centre has limited parking, there are shopping centres within a few minutes walk. There is a small viewing area. Please be aware that this area can get very busy.