ONLINE TRAINING CONSENT FORM
Although we have had to put all our sessions on hold, we are still keen to meet and keep the gymnasts fit and connected.
We’d like to use virtual meetings to do this but need to be sure you are clear on how these will work, what we will do and what we expect you to do to keep your child safe online.
In order to make sure that your child stays safe online, we ask that you do the following:
- Access to the platform is made through the parent account unless your child meets the age restrictions for the platform.
- An appropriate adult, like a parent will remain in the room with young member (development squads)
- All members of the household must be aware that the call is taking place and make sure they use appropriate language and behaviour when nearby or in the background.
- You will make sure the gymnast has ‘logged off’ the call correctly and signed out before turning off any devices.
- The gymnasts will not try to contact any coaches s using these online tools outside of the pre-arranged calls. If you need to contact a coach for any reason you will do so following your normal contact procedures (i.e. emailing).
In order to protect the gymnast, we will:
- Have a minimum of two adults coaches present throughout the video call who will stay on the call until all gymnasts have ‘logged off’.
- All coaches involved in the call have full DBS, coaching qualifications and safeguarding certificate.
- Coaches will ensure the sessions are age appropriate and have the relevant adaptations for different levels and abilities.
- Coaches will watch through and check any links or videos they may direct your young member to.
- They will make sure everything they use is age appropriate.
- Coaches on the call will use appropriate language/ behaviour throughout the call.
- All coaches will ensure they are in a communal living space throughout the call. Where possible they will blur the background in any video calls and any members of their household will use appropriate language/behaviour throughout the call.