COVID OPERATING PROCEDURES
We will be operating a phased approach to reopening the clubs.
We have established three core events that must occur, and these set the key points of the plan
- Our staff must present no risk to our gymnasts, parents or each other.
- The gymnasts must present no risk to each other or staff.
- Once the above has been established, the environment, equipment and building must present no risk to gymnasts, parents or staff.
To achieve the key elements, over and above the normal procedures that are already in place, we have introduced the following processes:
- Gymnasts should not attend the gym if they are showing any symptoms of Covid 19. All gymnasts will have a mandatory non-contact temperature reading taken on entry to the gym.Any gymnasts displaying a temperature over 37.5 will be requested to go home.
- Staff will not attend if they show any symptoms of COVID-19 and all staff will be required to have a non-contact temperature reading taken at the beginning of each day in the gym.Any staff that have a temperature above 37.5 will be requested to go home.
- Parents will not be admitted to the gym in phase 1 of opening.
- Gymnasts must only bring what they need to participate in the session to the gym. All belongings must be placed in a drawstring or other secured bag. Water may be brought to the gym in a secure drinks bottle with the child’s name on. Gymnasts are encouraged to wear flip flops or sliders.
- The gymnasts will be allocated a group and will remain in this group (bubble) with the coach for the entire session. These groups may change depending on new members / ability/ progression.
- Classes will be shortened by 5 mins to allow for this transition. Gymnasts / parents must not arrive outside of allocated class time.
- On arrival, parents will bring the gymnast to the door, a staff member will collect the gymnast through the new one-way system. We will manage this in line with social distancing requirements at the time of opening.
- During classes gymnasts will stay in the allocated group for the near future. This group will be identified by a colour.
- Gymnasts belongings will be placed in boxes according to their group (bubble)
- Gymnasts and coaches will follow a one-way system around the gym.
- The timetabled classes will be 1:8 for recreational classes and 1:12 maximum for squads.
- It is essential that your gymnast knows his or her group (which they will find out on opening class) and only arrives at the allocated class time
- During classes at least one station will always be empty, as the last group moves off the equipment, we will clean all equipment surfaces and mats.
- Coaches will carry bum bags with hand sanitiser and gymnasts’ hands will be sanitised before each station. (note: hand sanitiser is essential, gymnasts must bring their own if they are allergic to the gym sanitisers)
- During the 15-minute changeover of classes all areas will be cleaned ahead of next class.
- We will have dedicated staff cleaners who will clean the gym and communal areas when the gym is in operation and before opening the following day.
Administering First Aid
If a first aid incident occurs, the administering of first aid has a precedence over Covid-19 precautions. However, procedures are in place to reduce the risk of infection. When administering first aid staff will wear a mask and gloves.
Supervising a Child Showing Symptoms of Covid-19
If a gymnast develops symptoms of Covid-19 while at the gym, then they will be isolated in an pre-determined area in the club, and supervised by a coach until their parents arrive. The parents will be informed immediately to collect their child.
Communication with Parents and Guardians
During the times we will be operating our classes, managers and coaches will be assisting with all the procedures.
To be able to run classes safely and effectively under the new guidance parents that have any questions and would like to speak to the manager are kindly asked to do so by appointment by emailing email@example.com
For Altrincham Academy – firstname.lastname@example.org